I was unable to watch Love & Hip Hop with you last night because I was the Barclays Center trying to get Chris Paul’s attention at the Nets game. Sadly, I didn’t get Chris Paul’s attention but the Nets did win the game in the last 2 minutes. Obviously it’s because I was there. Let me stop playing. I knew you would want to hear my thoughts on Love & Hip Hop posthaste so I did watch after I got home. Let’s discuss. Continue reading
It’s been a long, long time. I’ve missed you. The Devil stole both my power cords which left me with 2 computers and no power cords. The Devil is liar. Anyway, because I love you, I’ve watched episodes 5 & 6 of Love & Hip Hop Hollywood multiple times. Let’s discuss! Continue reading
Love & Hip Hop Season 3 Jen & Cons
Let me start by saying “Happy New Year” since this is my first post of 2013. Last night on Love & Hip Hop we were introduced to Jen “used to have a pen,” and her baby’s daddy Consequence along with his very pronounced overbite. At first I didn’t want to like Consequence because his overbite and the fact he lives in Staten Island makes it hard for me to take him seriously. Then, Jen started talking. She was calling herself a housewife but she’s not married; strike 1. Later, she told Consequence that he had to increase the budget for their son’s first birthday party because her family is expecting her to ball out since she’s with a “big rapper.” That ladies and gentlemen was when I was finished with Jen and her alleged pen.
People on Twitter and Facebook were divided. Some people claimed that it was wrong for Consequence to limit the budget. Others including me thought it was totally reasonable for Consequence to tell Jen if she wanted more than what they agreed on then she should find a way to pay for it. Let’s explore this.
I know being a marginally known rapper’s baby’s mama is an emerging industry but does that mean that these women are entitled to a come up against the man’s wishes? We can all agree that every man no matter what the income should support his child. However, does that mean that if the man has a lot of cash he has to finance whatever overpriced extravagant thing the mother thinks the child should have? I don’t think so.
Further, just because the father is of substantial means, does that mean the mother never has to contribute? After all, doesn’t it take 2? Jen sounds like the person who wanted all the extras but expected Consequence to foot the bill. How is that fair? And anyway let’s be honest, no one, I repeat no one remembers their first birthday. Fancy first birthday parties have just become a stuntfest for the parents lately.
I’m really trying to think of an argument in favor of Jen but I can’t find one that makes much sense. She wanted a party for the child. She got a party for the child but because Consequence didn’t make it rain for a 1 year old’s birthday party, he’s the bad guy?
Dear Jen, You’re not the typical client I’d help for free but it’s clear you need someone. If you don’t like the crumbs Consequence is giving you, you have an option. While you claim to know housewives who don’t have a budget, you are not a wife. You can get a child support order and then you’ll collect checks. It may not be as much as you want but it will probably be more than Consequence wants which is victory in itself. If you don’t want to take my advice you might have to do like a lot of other women who have children and work. It may appear that having a baby seems like hitting the lottery, it isn’t. That’s all. DM me @rantraverandom if you have any further questions.
As we discussed last week, law school is totally getting in the way of our reality TV QT. Here are my thoughts on this, “reality check.”
- Dear Jim Jones, why were you sitting that way? Did y’all know Jim Jones was an invertebrate. . .I didn’t.
- Emily. Emily, no one believes you weren’t indulging in the Coco Loso while y’all were living together. Where is Fab “claiming” Emily? Just because people know you’re the mother of Prince Joso now, doesn’t mean he’s claiming you.
- Kimbella. Can we admit that Kimbella isn’t pregnant? Wouldn’t she have been showing during this fake ass reunion? After seeing Kimbella in action, I think we can all agree that Santana refusing to appear with her was a great idea. Kimbella wouldn’t know intelligence if it smacked her in those offensive ass roots.
- Chrissy. Chrissy’s new haircut is working! Chrissy definitely read Yandy in that green screen interview. Is it weird that I kinda agree with Chrissy? Her big, jealous, fiery, smack a hoe personality is what had us tuning in every week and Yandy should admit that. Their dynamic is what made us want to know about Yandy Duck.
- Yandy. Yandy clearly smashed Jimmy. She needs more people to convince me and the world otherwise. The interview was indoors. What was the purpose of that Yeti looking coat? I’m done with Yandy, her “jury” line, her feelings and I’m especially done with her speech impediment. I’m sure she’s a nice person but I’m over her! Next.
- Mama Jones. How come I keep picturing a box of fans that Mama Jones attempts to match to her mismatched outfits. Once your hotflashes are so frequent you have to carry a fan constantly, you can’t rap, Tweet or look for “naked” beaches. Stay tuned for Mama Jones on next season’s Celebrity Rehab. You read it here first.
- Olivia. We already discussed the fact that Olivia’s weave has a bigger future than her music career. How does anyone make you look pathetic? We’ve seen far too much of Olivia holding herself back for me or anyone with more sense than Kimbella to have any sympathy. If there is a Season 3 I’m predicting that Olivia’s ass will be the first to get whooped since she tried to find her voice by saying Chrissy was wrong. Do you think Olivia is going to mess up this new record deal? If she does, she better take my advice and contact Tami Roman about that weave line.
- Somaya. I kinda miss Somaya’s basic ass but there are only so many stories that you can tell about a giant West Coast, wanna-be musician with a short temper and even shorter vocabulary. What was her hair doing? Feel free to explain it to me. She needs to ask Olivia to put her on with the poppin’ hair game. Good for Ms. Mona for letting Somaya know her tequila and shoe line isn’t interesting. For someone who claims they aren’t mad about being written out, Sasquatch seemed mad to me.
- Erica. Did Erica get those boobs on lay a way or something? I’m tired of hearing about them. How was the show edited to make her look bad? She was acting a whole entire fool. “If I let anybody down,” Bye Girl. Go apologize to your child for the fact s/he has been sent here with your dizzy ass as their mother. Ms. Mona is good. I wouldn’t coddle her. She did do things wrong. All the way wrong. They better not bring her back next season because the only thing more tired than her inflated tits is the fact she thinks anyone believes she’s anything near decent, good or legitimate.
- Ms. Mona. After seeing this, it is clear Ms. Mona is the pimp and the whole cast is her gang of hoes. She must have been trained Shaunie O’Neal.
I kind of wanted them to bring Bratz Doll Tiarra Mari for a sit down. I’d love to know what she thinks about looking more thirsty and unemployed than Olivia. All in all, Ms. Mona needs to get better drafters for the show’s contracts. The reunion should have been a requirement. I don’t care who refused to sit with whom.
Will you be watching the ATL cast? We need more information on them.
Did I miss anything? Let me know. Till next time, Lovers!