Hey Lovers have you heard? Yesterday Hot 97 reached a new low; even for Hot 97. If you didn’t see it, you can read about it here. Short story short, Hot 97 tweeted and later deleted the question: Do you believe Black women have an attitude problem? To add insult to injury, there was a picture of First Lady Michelle Obama. It’s shortly after midnight as I write this but I was so pissed I could not wait. Let’s discuss.
Last night we got a new show, Gossip Game on VH1. As your Go to Girl for Reality Tea, I felt compelled to watch. The cast members are:
- Angela Yee of Power 105’s Breakfast Club. I find Angela Yee adorable. I think this show is a better look for her than managing L’oreal. Is that a problem?
- K. Foxx. I want to like K. Foxx but her bad wig is distracting. I did like how she kept it cute at the table with Angela Yee & Jas Baggy Eye Fly.
- Kim Osorio. I love that Kim Osorio is on this show. She’s the first female editor of the Source. It’s great for young girls to a woman of color in such a powerful position. Kim’s husband however needs a time out. He manages Slaughter House yet his artist is chasing Tahiry’s cakes to other countries and not making music.
- Ms. Drama. Ms. Drama has the right name. She doesn’t have the right wig or the right undergarments but I guess you can’t have everything.
- Jas Fly. Jas really didn’t give me anything. I liked how she ambushed Angela Yee & K. Foxx but I’m going to need her to get one of the under eye roller ball things because those bags were distracting me.
- Sharon Carpenter of Global Grind. Everyone knows I love Black & Brown people with English accents so Sharon was already in with me. I loved the fact she’s on the cast since I’ve seen her do actual journalism for major networks. It also looks like she’s going to bring something other that “I’m something like a journalist but I’ll Erica Mena you.” I was all with her until she started with the “I’m so pretty it’s holding me back.” Sharon, this is America you can never be too pretty that’s like saying you’re too rich.
- Vivian Billings. Ms. Vivian was giving us NYC Hood realness. We knew that from the minute she said she has 4 kids, been with their father for 13 years but has only been married for 2. Vivian was giving us Jamaica Ave and I loved it.
I liked the cameos from Charlamagne and Star (of Star & Bucwild). Episode 1 gave enough drama to make me tune in next week. I want to see what’s going to happen with this whole Angela v. K. Foxx thing, whether Ms. Drama will get a better wig and whether Vivian will threaten to cut a bitch.
Did you watch? Will you continue to watch? Comment below and let me know!
Hello Lovers! I hope 2013 is treating you well. I have a question for all you beautiful people. Will you be watching Starter Wives with me?
On Tuesday we’ll be introduced to new show on TLC called Starter Wives. At first I was not interested. You saw “Hollywood Exes.” It was a bunch of middle aged women discussing the lives of luxury they used to have but not really giving us anything else. I originally thought this show was going to be more of the same thing until I learned about the cast. Before we discuss the cast, I must warn you, the term “wives” is being used in “Basketball Wives” sense, which is not really. There are like 2 real wives but the majority of the women are baby mamas/ex-fiances. On to the cast members who have caught my eye and made we want to give this show a chance.
- Josie Harris: Ex-fiance of Floyd Mayweather Jr. Is she the one who was involved in that domestic violence case that landed Money Mayweather in jail? Will she spill the tea about Mayweather’s homoerotic bromance with 50 Cent? Depending how she plays this I foresee a book deal in her future. I mean, they gave Toya Carter a book and she doesn’t even have a GED.
- Liza Morales: Baby mama of Lamar Odom. Will she be throwing shade at the Kardashian Klan? How does she feel about not getting the ring after 2 kids then Lamar Odom went on to marry Khloe after knowing her only 30 days? Will she show her kids on this show while we’ve never seen them on any of the 5011 Kardashian shows? I’m rooting for Liza.
- Tashera Simmons: Wife of DMX. I’m sure Tashera has some DMX crack tales we’ve yet to hear. On Couples Therapy we learned that DMX has approximately 7 side babies. The long history, rise & fall from stardom and all around messiness will make great TV.
- Monica Joseph-Taylor: Wife of DJ Funkmaster Flex. Am I the only one who thinks Funk Flex is hiding something? I don’t know what the something is but I want Monica to tell.
- Zakia Baum: ex-girlfriend of rapper Maino. Maino is like a less classy version of Jadakiss (which I like). As a result, I know Ms. Zakia has some stories. I want to know if she was on the scene when Maino was incarcerated for kidnapping and a laundry list of other things.
Yesterday Wendy Williams reported that 50 Cent’s baby mama Shaniqua was supposed to be a castmember but pulled out at the last minute. I’m guessing 50 cut a bigger check than TLC did. The cast also includes Cheryl Caruso the ex-wife of alleged Mobster Phil “Philly” Caruso. We have a show for mob wives called Mob Wives so I could probably live without her but I’m not knocking the hustle.
All in all I think this show could get a spot in my Tuesday night lineup if these women spill the appropriate amount of tea. The appropriate amount being enough to keep it interesting but not too much where it seems like they’re bitter.
So, will you be watching? Comment below and let me know!